[Zope] Creating and displaying lists

larrymcdonnell at att.net larrymcdonnell at att.net
Thu Jul 13 16:03:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need to collect a list of student id numbers from one table so I can take this list, find them in another table, and display their names so their teachers can give them a score.

I still like to use DTML but I do not know if I have the sequence-number in the proper format. This is what I have been playing with:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('RECORD_ID', REQUEST.SESSION['RECORD_ID'])">
<dtml-in lookup_students_in_course>
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('student_id_temp', student_id)">
</dtml-in>
<dtml-in expr="_.range(sequence-number)">
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('student_id_temp', student_id_temp)">
<SELECT NAME="student_id_selected">
      <option value=""></option>
 <dtml-in lookup_student_name sort=student_last_name>
   <OPTION VALUE="<dtml-var student_id>">
   <dtml-var student_last_name>, <dtml-var student_first_name>
   </OPTION>
 </dtml-in>
</SELECT>
</dtml-in>

I am having a hard time find reference material on this.

Thanks,

Larry