[Zope] ZSQL Method Question

Benjamin Menking ben at infotechsc.com
Mon Jul 17 13:01:54 EDT 2006

New to python/Zope, old-timer on PHP....

I'm using MySQL and a ZSQL method to insert data into the database.  ex:

    insert into org (org_name, org_phone) values ('x', 'y')

What I'm trying to figure out is that org_id (also part of the org
table, but not specified in the sql statement) is an auto_increment
primary key field and in PHP I can use mysql_insert_id() to find out
what org_id was set to after the mysql_query() call.

Is there a way to retrieve that value with ZSQL method, or must I use
some other mechanism?

Thanks!

--

Ben Menking RHCE