[Zope] Access error with "manage_copyObjects / manage_pasteObjects" with proxy roles

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Jul 17 13:23:33 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "AnThu Nguyen" <Anthu.Nguyen at Sun.COM>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>; <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Access error with "manage_copyObjects /
manage_pasteObjects" with proxy roles

> Thanks for the instructions Jonathan.
>
> The user does have "Copy or Move" permissions from /Products/ on down.
> Here's the traceback:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 113, in publish
>  Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>  Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
>  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
>  Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
>  Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 323, in _exec
>  Module None, line 29, in dd_add
>   - <PythonScript at /Products/snewt_edit/dd_add used for
> /Products/Aproduct2/DD/1/nta20060711161944Folder>
>   - Line 29
> Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access 'manage_copyObjects' in this
> context

I have a vague recollection of encountering a similar problem in the past.
I never discovered the cause of the problem, but the work-around was easy,
at least it was in my use case: instead of doing a cut/paste I did a read
old object/delete old object/create new object which worked ok.

If you do pursue and solve the problem, post the solution!

Jonathan