[Zope] Announcing the release of Zope version 2.8.8

kit BLAKE kitblake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 04:28:43 EDT 2006

Hi Tres,
>    - Extension Classes were rewritten as Python new-style classes making
>      all features of Python new-style classes available in Zope
>      objects. This includes support for cyclic garbage collection.

Does this mean that the following is fixed? Quoting from the Zope
2.9.4 CHANGES.txt:

 To-do
    * Add cyclic-garbage collection support to C extension classes,
especially to acquisition wrappers.
         1. B: ExtensionClassType already declares that it supports GC
(via the Py_TPFLAGS_HAVE_GC flag), but does not appear to conform to
the rules for such a type laid out in the Python docs:
http://docs.python.org/api/supporting-cycle-detection.html

I don't see the same note in the 2.8.8 CHANGES.txt, but I'm sure it
was there in earlier versions.
kit

--
kit BLAKE