[Zope] restarted zope and now not answering port 8080 [solved]

Noah admin2 at enabled.com
Sat Jul 22 04:25:15 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 22. Juli 2006 00:42:05 -0700 Noah <admin2 at enabled.com> wrote:
>

>>> Kill the remaining process manually and restart again.
>>>

>> Andreas,
>>
>> that didnt completely work.
>>
>> ---s nip ---
>>
>> # /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zope.sh start
>> Starting Zope
>>        Instance /a/www/Zope -> . Unlinking stale socket
>> /a/www/Zope-2.8/var/zopectlsock; sleep 1
>> No handlers could be found for logger "root"
>> . daemon process started, pid=24796
>>
>> --- snip ---
>>
>> still port 8080 eventually just closes without any pages being sent.
>>

> I don't believe that! There is usually at least *something* in your
> event.log in case of a failure....trible check your logs.

thanks for pushing me to dig deeper.  although I did not find anything
in the event.log . I did start zope with zopectl this time.  and while
viewing the output I could clearly see that my
"TextIndexNG3/adapters/configure.zcml" file was having some difficulties.

this has since been fixed and zope is running fine.

thanks Andreas.

Cheers,
Noah