[Zope] DB in Zope

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Jul 25 17:02:35 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 05:10:26PM -0300, Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> At Tuesday 25/7/2006 14:02, Peter Bengtsson wrote:
>
> I need a very simple DB in Zope, a table with 5 columns, less than 100
> >>entries, to write, read and update, nothing else. Is Gadfly a serious
> >>option? Do l loose my database if Zope is restarted? Which other
> >>option, easy to use? A tutorial?
> >>Gadly is not a serious option. If you're going for SQL you should
> >>go for something more real like Postgresql (powerful) or Mysql (trendy)
> >>etc.
>
> Another option could be SQLite:
> SQLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained,
> embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine.
> http://www.sqlite.org/

Probably fine for this job.  ZSqliteDA works fine, I used it for some
testing recently.

(side note: don't use sqlite as a testing-only stand-in for whatever
database you actually deploy to. I tried that, it's a dead end IMO.
Sooner or later you will run up against feature or syntax differences.)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com