[Zope] Re: Accumulate vars with <dtml-var expr="...">

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-zope at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Jul 25 20:01:11 EDT 2006

This is a pure programming exercise. You said:

>VALUE SEQNUMBER
>13 1
>10 2
>11 3
>10 4
>12 5
>
>I want to accumulate my values so the result will be:
>
>VALUE SEQNUMBER ACCU
>13 1 56
>10 2 43
>11 3 33
>10 4 22
>12 5 12

So apparently you need to accumulate the *remaining* values. The
script would receive a list of values: [13,10,11,10,12]  and return a
list of tuples [(13,56),(10,43),(11,33)...]
A pure python function would look like this:

def accumulate_remaining(values):
     values = map(float, values) # make sure they are true numbers
     result = []
     for i in range(len(values)):
         result.append((values[i], sum(values[i:])))
     return result

To convert it to a "Script (Python)": create the script, name it as
the function, leave out the "def" line and put the body inside the
script, declare a single parameter "values".
Then use <dtml-in "accumulate_remaining(your_list_of_values)"> and
inside it, <dtml-var "sequence-item[0]"> <dtml-var
"sequence-item[1]"> or something like that.
This has not been tested but should work. The dtml syntax may be
wrong, tough, I dont use dtml anymore.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.