[Zope] Ghost user in Zope 2.7.6 on Win32

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Jun 3 07:38:40 EDT 2006

Dale Strickland-Clark wrote at 2006-6-1 23:53 +0100:
>Now, even though the folder is showing "There are no users defined", when I
>try and add her back in, I get "A user with the specified name already
>exists".
>
>I experimented a bit more.
>
>I added another user and gave it Manager role. I can't delete this one.
>
>I added another user and gave it one of our roles, Reviewer (the same as the
>original ghost user). This one vanished immediately.
>
>Can anyone offer any clues as to what might be happening here? Is it safe to
>delete and re-create the acl_users folder?

Looks like a difficult problem.

Difficult problems are best addressed by debugging.

Python contains an (archaic) debugger in it runtime library ("pdb")
and there are howtos to use it for Zope debugging.

If you are unfamiliar with Python debugging, a (commercial) IDE
may help you. Colleagues of mine are very satisfied with
the commercial (!) WingIDE.

--
Dieter