[Zope] REQUEST within a property() getter/setter

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jun 8 16:40:46 EDT 2006

I was afraid of this ... :(

Back to using get_request() then!

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dieter Maurer [mailto:dieter at handshake.de]
Sent: June 8, 2006 12:50 PM
To: Doyon, Jean-Francois
Cc: 'zope at zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] REQUEST within a property() getter/setter

Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote at 2006-6-7 17:13 -0400:
>When executing code within a property getter/setter, I can't seem to
>get to the REQUEST object.
>
>self.REQUEST always seems to return <Special Object Used to Force
>Acquisition> ...
>
>Anyway around this?

No.

Python's low level attribute access methods ("__getattribute__",
"__getattr__", "__setattr__", property setter/getter) are below the reach of
acquisition.
Their "self" is not acquisition wrapped.

That's why your "self.REQUEST" is "Acquisition.Acquired"
(rather then the acquire object).

--
Dieter