[Zope] sessions in an iframe

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jun 12 14:00:59 EDT 2006

henk laloli wrote at 2006-6-12 09:46 +0200:
>The problem does not occur in IE when the page is used on its own, only
>when it is used in an iframe. The question then is: can it be that IE
>restricts the session behaviour in this situation? How can I solve it?

IE has nothing to do with the session behaviour directly.

  Session handling is a server side thing and IE is doing
  client side staff.

However, IE needs to pass on the session id. Usually, the session id
is managed in a cookie. It might be that IE does not pass the cookie
into the "iframe".

Please read the "cookie spec" (on the Netscape site) to check
whether IE should pass the cookie (this can be controlled
by the "path" and "domain" parameters when the cookie is created).

If it should, check the IE bug reports for potential cookie problems
related to "iframe"s.

--
Dieter