[Zope] How to commit a piece of data in a transaction when the transaction is being aborted later

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Tue Jun 20 14:47:06 EDT 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 2:27 PM, William Heymann wrote:

> I am dealing with a zope system where Verisign is sending a POST to
> our server
> for ecommerece purposes. Currently I am writing the entire contents
> of the
> POST from verisign to the ZODB however I have a problem that some
> of these
> POSTs are not being recorded because an error occurs later in the
> transaction.

> What I would like to do is isolate this recording from everything
> else. So
> that no matter what other error is raised that part will commit so
> I have a
> record of the conversation later.

I'd just record the data from Verisign in response to their POST (do
nothing else) and come along later with a separate request to pick
through the data to do postprocessing on it every so often; then the
data always gets recorded and you can deal with errors in your
postprocessing without needing to manage transaction state manually.
ClockServer can help with the "do something every so often" aspect of
this.

- C