[Zope] load balancing ftp over ZEO clients

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jun 21 17:34:01 EDT 2006

Reinoud van Leeuwen wrote at 2006-6-19 17:54 +0200:
>Has anyone experiences with load balancing ftp over several ZEO clients?

If the load balancer works on TCP connection level,
then it should work for FTP in the same way as for HTTP
(with the exception that connections tend to be open for
a much longer time, thereby bindung resources).

>Can I forward both port 20 and 21 to the ftp port of the ZEO?

ZEO itself is not FTP capable.
You need a ZEO client (e.g. Zope) for this.

>Is it possible to use passive and active ftp?

It depends on what your firewall allows.

--
Dieter