[Zope] Import Modules

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Jun 23 08:55:10 EDT 2006

--On 23. Juni 2006 09:40:41 -0300 "Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro"
<luiz at engenhosolucoes.com.br> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I manage my own servers developing web applications and I would like to
> remove the import restrictions of python modules in python scripts. Is it
> possible? How can I allow other modules to be imported? I have been using
> external modules but it is starting to become nonproductive since I have
> to create functions to simple problems like md5, re, etc, and just using
> the needed modules would be much simple.

Check for allow_module(). However this is *not* a solution for all and
everything. There are several that will define not work properly with
PythonScript (including 're'). If you need unrestricted access to Python:
use external method or write a Zope product. If you're in CMF country:
check out TrustedExecutables. All other approaches are just the wrong way...

-aj