[Zope] Improved Zope Org Proposal

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jun 26 14:30:19 EDT 2006

Andrew Sawyers wrote at 2006-6-25 17:54 -0400:
>Well, I think the content of this site is what I'd noted is what I noted
>in earlier emails.  It might not be 'interesting', but I would hope it
>to be quality and focused.  I have faith the 'interesting' aspects you
>wish will come from the community.

I start to understand:

  You want to have a narrow, a focused site
  because you fear that a bigger one cannot be managed.

In such a case, I would say: start with the small solution
and maybe get bigger later.

However, in my view the Zope (and Python) world is very splintered.
Unlike for example Perl (with its "cpan") the information
and products are spread around the world and not easy to locate.

I would prefer a single big site as an access point to the most
relevant information. But, if this is not possible...

--
Dieter