[Zope] Re: Improved Zope Org Proposal

Maik Ihde mail at ihde.info
Tue Jun 27 03:35:03 EDT 2006

> has offered resources to accomplish this to finally happen.  They
> currently have taken the artistic work done by Tom Von Lahndorff and put
> it online at http://new.zope.nl for preview.  I'd like to forward

Which looks great, methinks. And an advertising Site for Zope should look
exciiting, as ror and other hyped frameworks have shown already.

> A group of people in the (Plone) community have volunteered
> their time and resources to put together an improved,
> **interim** zope.org site.  We understand that work is

Hmm. I agree that it is a good Idea, to improve zope.org quickly and I think
that this way looks promising. However, such **interim** Solutions tend to last
longer than they are expected to last. We should be aware that this interim
Solution may be there for a couple of years.

> * Existing community content on zope.org will NOT be migrated.

Good Idea - there is so much outdated content there.

>   The content will be made available on ZC's existing server
>   via URL rewriting (to keep existing links from breaking) or
>   by moving everything to an old.zope.org domain.  The best
>   content will be migrated by hand to PloneHelpCenter /
>   PloneSoftwareCenter products.

+1 if the old stuff is still accessible and if any noob can see that this is old
 stuff...

> * The zope.org site should acknowledge contributors in a overt fashion.
> "Zope Rock Stars" who have risen up above the call of duty,
> contributors, etc should be noted.  The Foundation can determine how to
> implement this, but those paying for and providing services should
> receive acknowledgment.

Yes that ist an important point. If you acknowledge content contributors they
(and maybe others) will more likely keep on contributing. The documentation Area
on plone.org shows the authors picture for tutorials - I believe that there are
quite a few people out there which will be motivated by a small photo + text
which recognises the author...

Kind Regards
Maik