[Zope] Re: Advice needed before settling on Zope

Rainsford, David rainsford at acer.edu.au
Sun Mar 5 19:40:15 EST 2006

I never said thanks to all you guys for your advice - it all came in
very useful.  In the end though, I have decided to go with another
system, Knowledge Tree.  The reason is that a) it's written in PHP, and
all of us developers are fluent in PHP whereas there is going to be a
learning curve with Python, and Zope.  Secondly, it already provides 95%
of what we need, much more than Zope, Plone and other Zope based
management systems.  I think building from scratch on top of Zope would
have been too hard for us considering that our clients, whilst they
haven't given us a specific timeframe, want the software up and running
as soon as possible, and also we are juggling quite a few projects at
the same time and to do it justice I think we would really have to
immerse ourselves in Zope for a week or two which we don't have time to
do.

But thanks again, not just Maik but everyone who replied to my question.