[Zope] nested records

Michael Shulman shulman at mathcamp.org
Sat Mar 11 18:27:14 EST 2006

Am I correct that zope's "item.subitem:record" facility for form
submission does not extend to nesting such things?  If I have a form
of the sort:

<input name="item.subitem.subsubitem:record">

I would like it to show up in the request as a record 'item' with an
element named 'subitem' that is itself a record containing an element
named 'subsubitem'.  This doesn't seem to happen.  Is this supposed to
work and I'm making some other mistake, or is this not part of the
functionality?

If it isn't, it would be useful to have...

Mike