[Zope] how to count authenticated and anonymous users currently online ?

Luca Dall'Olio luca.dallolio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:39:26 EST 2006

Dieter Maurer wrote:

>Luca Dall'Olio wrote at 2006-3-16 10:01 +0100:
>

>>I would like to know how many anonymous users are online
>>

>Do you know what this should mean?
>
>The server has no a priori notion which users are "online".
>
>You may artificially define the term "session"
>and then consider the number of session as representing
>the number of online users.
>If you do this and you use Zope sessions to implement your
>notion of "session", then you can look at the "session_data_manager"
>to find out how many sessions are available.

This would be more than enough to me, to know how many sessions are
still available.
If I could have the list of the ids of every active session, I could
easily build the list I need (by the getSessionDataByKey() method)...
I tried with  something like :

<dtml-in "temp_folder.session_data.keys()">
A session.
</dtml-in>

but not even "manager" is allowed to execute that.

Even trying an External Method :

def activesessionlist( self):
    return self.temp_folder.keys()

does not have any effect, instead :

def sessionperiod( self):
    return self.temp_folder.getPeriodSeconds()

works right.

Could you please help me find out the list of active sessions? this is
driving me crazy...

Thank you very much, Luca