[Zope] Newbie zopectl question

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Mon Mar 20 09:30:35 EST 2006

JulianRead schrieb:
> Hi
>
> I have created a zope / plone site which i have deployed on a dedicated
> server using linux with fedora core 3.
>
> I have installed zope as root as setup an instance of zope using a different
> user.
>
> I am trying to setup zope so that it will start automatically when the
> server is rebooted.
> I have created a symlink in rc.d to zopectl however this doesnt seem to
> work.

You need the symlink in your rc2.d or whatever your runlevel is.
Usually you have some tools to build the link from
rc.d to S<some number>zopectl in the desired runlevel directory

> When i run zopectl i get the message
>
> daemon manager not running
>
> if i enter the start command zope starts. Is there someway of getting
> zopectl to run at startup and for it to automattically use the start
> command.

sys V style inits like FC4 uses, call all scripts in the runlevel
which follow the S<number><name> schema with the argument "start"

You system documentation will tell you :-)

Regards
Tino