[Zope] zopectl rc.local newbie question

Anton Cupcea a.cupcea at finsiel.ro
Thu Mar 23 10:28:27 EST 2006

JulianRead wrote:

> Hi i am trying to get zopectl to work so that i can get my zope site
> to start
> automatically when the server reboots.
> I have put the following code into rc.local
> /home/default/inst2.isolve-unix.co.uk/zope/bin/zopectl start
> This doesnt work i have checked that it is definatley the right directory
> and rc.local seems to be working does anyone have any idea where im going
> wrong

In the rc.local context, you are root, so look at your zope.conf, and
check if you set up the user who's running Zope
(the effective-user directive)

A little offtopic: generally, it's not a good idea to run a service
(like Zope is) in rc.local. Maybe you should put the starting script in
rc.d, with symlinks to the corresponding start levels (for start/stop).

Anton C.