[Zope] changing listening port for zope

Daniel Godefroy danielgodefroy at videotron.ca
Sat Mar 25 12:42:23 EST 2006

Hello,

I just installed zope - icoya and started learning it. I want to use
it with a friend having to access it from his house. My router tells
me that there is a conflict with remote access control using 8080. I
tried to use port 80. From the icoya quick start there was a link to
set the server to listen to port 80. I used it and it notified me
that the change was done and to set the listener to port 80 using the
zope.conf file. I modify the zope.conf file in the etc folder in zope
and restarted the server. Then i was not able to use the quickstart
anymore. In addition i could go into my portal but it told me that I
did not defined any user, which I did. I restored zope.conf to use
8080 and everything is back to normal. Could you tell me how to have
the server listen to port 80 for zope management interface as well as
the portals created.

Daniel Godefroy
3445 Ridgewood, 109                      73, Rue Lambert
Montreal                                         Petion-ville
Quebec, Canada                             Haiti
Tel:(514) 382 5917 / 577 0738          (509) 449 0873 / 257 1519
                                                      BP 15324
url:www.sigasa.com/s_index.htm     Voice over ip: 1 305 433 2762 / 1
514 448 1077