[Zope] verbose-security

Jeremy Cook jeremy.cook at bccs.uib.no
Wed Mar 29 04:11:15 EST 2006

Thanks for answering, however I think that the problem is simply that
verbose-security is not working. I have a new install of zope 2.8.6, I
make a folder, I make index_html, I change the security on this so that
it can only be read by manager. I go to error log and allow
'Unuathorized' to be logged, and then I try to access index_html.

All I then see in the log file is:

Exception traceback

Time
2006/03/29 11:02:41.424 GMT+2
User Name (User Id)
Anonymous User (None)
Request URL
http://bla.bla/test/index_html
Exception Type
Unauthorized
Exception Value
<strong>You are not authorized to access this resource.</strong>

Traceback (innermost last):

Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 461, in traverse
Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 685, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this resource.</strong>

I somehow expected a more detailed description 'you need permissions blahdy bla' , and in this context you have 'da di da'

etc.

I think somehow verbose-security is not working for me. Has anyone tried it?

Jeremy