[Zope] Re: Windows Server 2003, II6 and ASP404 vs form posts

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Mon May 1 13:17:54 EDT 2006

For anyone else who might search the list in the future:

Microsoft has confirmed that ASP error handlers in current versions of
IIS 6 do not, can not, and will not -- no matter what the security
settings --  get at POST data. There's a discussion of the changes at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/david.wang/archive/2005/11/29/Child_URL_Execution_and_SSI_exec.aspx

The author confirmed that the changes also affect custom error handlers.

So, the days of serving Zope pages on IIS via the 404handler.asp
approach are pretty much over.