[Zope] Zeo as a Zeo Client

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at ze.tum.de
Tue May 2 03:52:57 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 08:51:12AM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 2. Mai 2006 08:31:17 +0200 Gerhard Schmidt <estartu at ze.tum.de> wrote:
>
> >Hallo,
> >
> >I am trying to install a setup like shown below
> >
> >ZEO_M
> > | -- ZEO_B
> > |     | -- ZOPE
> > |     | -- ZOPE
> > |     | -- ZOPE
> > | -- ZOPE
> > | -- ZOPE
> >

> You are trying to create a cascade of multiple ZEO Clients? That looks
> very odd. Usually a ZEO client talks directly to a ZEO server.

I try to reduce the load of the line between the backup Computing Center
and the Mainsite by having a zeo server as Proxy between the zope server
at the backup site an the ZEO at the main site.

Secound part is that the zeo at the backupsite can easily reconfigured in
a normal ZEO when the mainsite is offline. So I don't have to reconfigure
all zeoclients at the backupsite. The Data.fs is copied  every hour to the
backup site so that a have an up to one our backup of the data.fs in case
of a desaster at the main site.

A configuration like that is described in the Zope Book on page 230.

Besides I have found that with a growing number of zeo clients the Zeo
server gets slower but neither the CPU nor the Harddisk IO is at the limit.
We have a load of 0.2 to 0.3 and disk IO arrond 2-3 MB/sec. We have 12
zeoclients at the moment and 12 more are planed for the backup site.

Regards
Estartu