[Zope] Zope User in Apache Logs

Andreas Pauley andreasp+zope at qbcon.com
Tue May 2 09:57:34 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I've been going through the list archives looking for tips on logging
(getting sensible statistics from my log files).
At the moment I have the setup recommended by most posts, namely
multiple Apache virtual hosts that proxies requests to a single Zope
instance.

I would like to know how I can get Apache to log the current Zope user.
Here's an example from my Apache access_log:
10.0.0.100 - - [02/May/2006:15:32:18 +0200] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 35721

Which results in this entry from my Z2.log:
127.0.0.1 - adp [02/May/2006:15:32:21 +0200] "GET
/VirtualHostBase/http/mysite.com:80/vhosts/mysite.com/VirtualHostRoot/
HTTP/1.1" 200 36054 "" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US;
rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2"

The current user is logged by Zope, but not by Apache.
Is there a way to make Apache aware of who is logged in through Zope?

Regards,
Andreas

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> On May 9, 2005, at 20:17, Luiz Fernando B. Ribeiro wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am hosting several virtual hosts and I need to provide access log
>> reports (like awstats) for my clients. I would like to know if any
>> of the following alternatives is possible:
>>
>> 1. Is it possible to have diferent access log files for each  virtual
>> host?
>>
>> 2. Is it possible to include the "%v" (virtualhost) field in the
>> current access log?
>>

> No on both counts. I suggest you use something in front of Zope, like
> Apache, and analyze its logs instead.
>
> jens

This e-mail contains official information from Quality Business Consultants (Pty) Ltd and is intended for use by the addressee only.
Important notice: Important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer") apply to this email.
To read this click on the following address: http://www.qbcon.com/disclaimer
The Disclaimer forms part of the content of this email in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002. If you are unable to access the Disclaimer, send a blank e-mail to disclaimer at qbcon.com and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.