[Zope] ftp server deadlocking zope with DeadlockDebugger

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon May 8 13:34:12 EDT 2006

Michael Kaplan wrote at 2006-5-6 10:23 +0200:
>>Stays the part above (maybe partially) accross several
>>"DeadlockDebugger" invocations (or changes the tail of your
>>traceback continously)?
>>
>>In this case, there would seem to be some infinite loop caused
>>by the AT "ReferenceEngine" (I like it).
>>

>As you supposed the tail changes if I invoke DeadlockDebugger several times.
>Here are 3 more examples besides the one I sent before:

> ... examples stripped ...

There is a known problem in "LinguaPlone".
Usually, it is described by: Zope takes almost all CPU time.
Maybe, what you see is an instance of thos bug.

Alternatively, something may be wrong with "getTranslations".

Obviously, the problem occurs still in "BaseRequest.traverse".
This means, "manage_FTPlist" has not even started and you
do not have an FTP problem. But a problem with the folder
you try to FTP into. That translations are maintained in
references is a bit suspicious.

Check whether the "LinguaPlone" bug hits you.

If this is not the case, then debugging "getTranslations"
is probably the most efficient way to locate the problem.

--
Dieter