[Zope] Mounting ZODB issue

Jonathan Cleaver jcleaver.hq at da.mod.uk
Tue May 9 07:50:03 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to mount the ZODB of a Plone 2.0.5/Zope-2.7.6/Python 2.3.5
on a Plone 2.1.2/Zope-2.8.5/Python 2.3.5

I have created the appropriate entry in the zope.conf thus...

<zodb_db weeble>
   mount-point /weeble
   <zeoclient>
     server 10.4.96.98:9999
     storage 1
     name zeostorage
     var $INSTANCE/var
   </zeoclient>
</zodb_db>

I know that this setup works on another Zope instance, because I cut and
pasted it out of the zope.conf there. I do not believe that there are
any firewall issues between the servers because a seperate instance on t
the same machine is already connecting to this ZEO server.

The problem that I have is that when I create a ZODB Mount Point, the
weeble mount point appears available but when I click Create the browser
just sits there waiting for a reply that never comes. The ZODB Mount
Point is not created. The Zope instance, however, does not appear to
deadlock; I can just stop the browser browse the ZMI perfectly well.

Is this a Zope version issue? Is there a 'rule' in ZEO where it can only
accept one connection from each client machine? Or have I just missed a
step in the process?

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan Cleaver
Defence Academy - UK