[Zope] apache rewrite rules redux

Sascha Welter zopelist at betabug.ch
Fri May 26 03:32:46 EDT 2006

(Thu, May 25, 2006 at 06:35:59PM -0700) David Bear wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
> humans can grasp?  beginning to wonder about that.

Please keep replies on the list, thanks.

> Okay. I have reran the witch and have the following rules:
>
> # see http://betabug.ch/zope/witch
> RewriteRule ^/z2$ \
...snip...

> All is well with standard http connections. I still get a 404 when attempt
> https connections.
>
> There is NO name based virtual hosting here. There is a single host in the
> apache config file. And there is only 1 ip address that apache listens on.
>
> Are there any other keys to the rewrite world that I should look at?

These rules look reasonable, I don't see why they shouldn't work. I
believe your httpd.conf has some problem. Specifically (and as I think
suggested by others) I believe that rule is somewhere where it doesn't
get executed. I suggest to comment out the "http" rules for a moment,
turn on RewriteLog (e.g. pointing it to /tmp/rewritelog or something for
the moment) and then look what's happening. I expect that you don't see
any output... but of course I might be wrong.

Please note that in my oppinion this is a problem of apache
configuration, not of Zope.

Regards,

Sascha