[Zope] Zope will not allow access after IP address change

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Fri May 26 03:44:19 EDT 2006

Jeremiah Foster schrieb:
>>Well...you should know..it's your server...it's your app :-)
>>Perhaps the DB uses IP-based authentication and so possibly some
>>configuration on the MySQL has to be accomplished...consult your MySQL DA.
>

> I did a fairly normal configuration so I know that I did not hook up
> MySQL authentication to Zope. What I was asking is does Zope use MySQL
> for its authentication by _default_. I thought it used it own db for

No, it does not use something like mysql by default. There are many
people which not even install mysql to their servers...

> user authentication. So I know that MySQL is working fine, zope works
> fine, the box has just been switched from one ip to another and zope
> stops working.

I forgot the tracing you aparently did, but what does netstat -lntp
tell you (linux?) or do you find any host:port in address statements
for http-server in zope.conf?

Can you list more details of your current installation? (instances,
3rd party products, zeo if any, ...)?

> Does anyone know about a built-in zope mechanism that controls zope
> logins based on ip?

What exactly do you mean with that? You can restrict accounts to
special domains (not that this makes much sense...)

Regards
Tino Wildenhain