[Zope] Isolating changes that can only be done globally

Michael Vartanyan pycry at doli.biz
Tue May 30 10:11:33 EDT 2006

Thank you Paul and others for all your invaluable input!

I considered using pycurl and it looks like this a bit of an overkill
for my purpose (which is to simply tickle an external URL). At the same
time I guess nobody would argue that that this is the most
straightforward way. I agree with Chris though that it would not harm to
add a possibility to adjust the timeout on the level of Request object
in urllib2.

Thanks again for your kind and quick help.