[Zope] How To Convert Files To Page Templates?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Nov 6 11:36:30 EST 2006

--On 6. November 2006 08:30:45 -0800 Nancy Donnelly
<nancydonnelly2006 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi;
> I'm redoing a bunch of documents on a Zope site on my PC and I realized
> it would be easier to simply delete all the old ones and upload all the
> new ones. But if I do that, they'll load as "files", not "page
> templates". I know there's a way to convert between the two, but I don't
> remember how. Can someone help? TIA,
> Nancy

Martin Aspeli gave you already the correct answer on the plone-users list.
Any more help needed? If yes, file and page templates have APIs to be used
by programmers. Write a migration script that performs the necessary steps
by reading your old data, creating new objects and by add the old content
to the new instances as needed. If you need more help, ask something
specfic.

-aj