[Zope] Re: newbie -- creating a Product

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Nov 6 15:03:42 EST 2006

Jonathan skrev:

>> Well the problem is that Zope 2 was never easy for beginners either.
>> And by now it is starting to get phased out for Zope 3.
>
> This is the first I have heard about Zope 2 being phased out...

Well .. get used to it then ;-)

Z2 will keep on being maintained until it is replaced by Z3. The goal of
the zope developers is not about keeping Z2 and Z3 running for as long
as possible. Only for as long as necessary.

Z2 is still being maintained, and will be for a long time. But the
development is all moving in the direction of Z3.

Read the changelog of the latest Z2 releases. They are practially only
about bugfixes and Z3 integration. Core Zope 2 development has
practically grinded to a halt. New developments are taking place in Zope 3.

How is that not an outphasing?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/