[Zope] How To Convert Files To Page Templates?

Nancy Donnelly nancydonnelly2006 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 06:14:40 EST 2006

83----- Original Message ----
From: Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>

Nancy Donnelly wrote:
> Hi;
>> I'm redoing a bunch of documents on a Zope site on my PC and I realized it >> would be easier to simply delete all the old ones and upload all the new ones. >> But if I do that, they'll load as "files", not "page templates".

> How are you creating these new objects?

In a text editor.

> I'd hazard a guess that you're looking to create a PUT_factory so that
> objects of the correct type are created when you upload things via FTP
> or WebDAV...

That helped a lot! I yahoo'd (can't google any more since they've sold out to the interests gathering our personal data for Homeland Security) "put_factory" and got this code snippet:

if ext == 'dtml':
  from OFS.DTMLDocument import DTMLDocument

  return DTMLDocument( '', __name__=name )

So...how would I rewrite that to change it into a page template? And, more importantly, where is the documentation to do so? Yahooing didn't help on this. I went to my Zope installation to:
{INSTALLATION}/lib/python/OFS
to hunt around, but no script pointing to some "PTDocument" like there is with DTML.
TIA,
Nancy