[Zope] Can't Track Simple Bug

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 03:40:21 EST 2006

Nancy Donnelly wrote:
> 7373

You really need to sort your mail client out...

>> You may also want to look at MailingLogger
>> (http://www.simplistix.co.uk/software/zope/mailinglogger103) so that you
>> get emailed salient log entries...
>
> Nice! I like that! But I'm confused on one thing. In your instructions, you say:
>
> import Products.MailingLogger

Not really, it's a snippet for inserting into zope.conf alongside the
other logging configuration. You appear to have chopped off the %, which
you need to make it a valid zope.conf import statement.

> I assume that's at the instance level, where the zope.conf file is? That's a command, correct?

No, see my previous comment.

> # Zope zctl settings
> ZOPE_HOME = pjoin(HERE, '../..', 'ZopeSoftwareHome')
> ZOPE_OPTS = '-p - -D'
> ZOPE_PORT = 7080
> ZOPE_LOG = pjoin(HERE, 'var', 'debug.log')
> ZOPE_ENV['PRODUCTS_PATH'] = ("%(SOFTWARE_PRODUCTS)s:" + pjoin(HERE, '..', 'OtherProducts') + ":%(INSTANCE_PRODUCTS)s")
>
> ZOPE_ENV['STUPID_LOG_FILE'] = ZOPE_LOG
> # ZEO Environment settings
> #ZEO['ZEO_SERVER_NAME'] = 'www.example.com'
> ZEO['ZEO_SERVER_PORT'] = 9999
> # ZEO zctl settings
> ZEO_WAIT_BAILOUT = 160 # Don't try for more than num seconds

What on earth is this? It's certainly note a zope.conf file...

What version of Zope are you running?

> Also, can you tell me how to enter a variable into the eventlog "to" email address so that I could change it in a file on the server whenever I wanted to? I've been wondering how to do that.

I'm afraid I have no idea what you're talking about here...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk