[Zope] Zope Alternative

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 11:25:49 EST 2006

The Wiki doesn't completely slag off Zope. There are sections which talk
about how powerful it is etc. This guy seems to be genuinely trying to get
his head round Zope and it is a very steep learning curve. Ok, he should be
more advanced in the subject than he is due to his experience but why attack
the whole time? It seems to reveal a certain insecurity on the part of
certain members. There's a terrible air of defensiveness on this list. My
posting was in support of Darios comments which were sound.

"because it is a mature, well-documented
 piece of software"

mature yes, well-documented it is not. Plone has much better documentation
which is often very helpful. This probably increases the traffic on the
Plone lists due to users being more knowledgeable and more confident in
posting issues. There are lots of variables and yes CMS traffic and
experience are two, I agree. However I feel general tone is crucial.

--
michael