[Zope] matplotlib and zope problem

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Nov 14 06:22:06 EST 2006

--On 14. November 2006 12:16:40 +0100 Marek Szczypiński
<Marek.Szczypinski at astri.uni.torun.pl> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>   I've been using zope and matplotlib for some time now, and I want to
> connect them. I'am using the example code from page:
> http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/Matplotlib_and_Zope ,
> but whenever I try to import matplotlib, and/or pylab packages i get
> this error from zope:
>
> Error Type: RuntimeError
> Error Value: '/' is not a writable dir; you must set environment
> variable HOME to be a writable dir

This is unlikely a Zope core issue. You must provide the *full traceback*
in order to get help. Otherwise contact the authors of the related
packages/products. And as the error message indicates your environment
variable $HOME is not set properly or unset.

-aj