[Zope] migration from 2.9.1 to 2.9.4

Brian Sullivan briansullivan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 09:59:26 EST 2006

I am having some problems migrating from Zope 2.9.1 to Zope 2.9.4 on
my Windows 2003 based Zope setup.

Installation of 2.9.4 goes normally -- both servers (2.9.1 and 2.9.4)
seem to be running happily (on different ports).

My first strategy in migration was to copy the data.fs from 2.9.1 to
2.9.4. That seems to fail as certain "directories" when viewing is
attempted from the 2.9.4 ZMI exhibit the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 275, in traverse
  Module ZPublisher.BeforeTraverse, line 108, in __call__
  Module logging, line 999, in error
TypeError: _log() got an unexpected keyword argument 'error'

My next strategy was to export to .zexp the critical material
 from 2.9.1 and import into  2.9.4. All appears to go well -- but
attempts to access the imported material from the 2.9.4 ZMI fails with
the same message.

Any idea what is going on here? Any other strategies for migrating
that anyone can think of or things to look at?