[Zope] Link download zope ?

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sun Nov 19 14:42:21 EST 2006

Luc,

> My server is under Sun Solaris 10 sparc.
> I want to install  Zope version 2 newest.(version binary not source code ).
> Anyone show me link to download.
>
> PS : when i install source code zope 2 on sun solaris,always found bugs.
> But when i install it on redhat ,its works fine.

How did you unpack the source? Solaris' tar command:

  gunzip -c Zope-2.9.5-final.tgz | tar -xvf -

...will fail to extract the Zope distribution because Solaris' tar
contains a 100 character filename and path limit which *will* subtly
break a Zope install script as there are paths in it that exceed 100
characters long.

Try:

  gunzip -c Zope-2.9.5-final.tgz | tar -Exvf -

  OR:

  /usr/sfw/bin/gtar -xzvf Zope-2.9.5-final.tgz

...and then run the install instructions.

It should "just work".

I have Zope 2 and Zope 3 running on Open Solaris ON (Solaris Community
Edition) quite successfully after having discovered the above subtle issue.

DSL