[Zope] making a dynamic quiz help

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Nov 28 13:40:43 EST 2006

I would like some suggestions on building a dynamic quiz.

  There are categories and in each category the question can be multiple
choice or true/false.   For each category a specific number of questions is
asked.  The questions asked are randomly chosen from a collection of
questions for the category.  The number of questions chosen may be different
for each category.

example
  category one - 3 questions
  category two - 1 question
  category three - 2 questions

My first thought is a python script does the randomization selecting questions
from my postgresql database.  Quizzes submitted updates the database counting
correct and wrong answers and emails the results to the student and
instructors.

A second thought is a python script builds a dtml page quiz from individual
dtml files which categories can be folders with an individual dtml file for
each question.  Then submit questions and answers to database and email
student and instructors.

A third thought is create a collection of complete quizzes and then randomly
select a quiz (least preferred).

I've searched and the closest I could find was on the zope edu wiki just
discussing an aggregated quiz but I haven't found where that has been
persued.   Most or all quiz products create static quizzes not one that can
be built "on the fly".  Any other designs would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett		Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III			P O Box 32026
University Library				Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

If it's not as simple as possible to try it, then the barrier to entry is too
high.

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/