[Zope] zope gets killed on startup

Einar Næss Jensen einar.nass.jensen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 19:17:49 EDT 2006

On 10/3/06, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:

> Einar Næss Jensen wrote at 2006-10-2 21:12 +0200:
> >the full traceback and the error is this:
> >
> >2006-10-02 21:07:15 ERROR BeforeTraverse Error while invoking hook:
> >"acl_users"
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "/usr/local/zope/zope295/lib
> /python/ZPublisher/BeforeTraverse.py",
> >line 145, in __call__
> >    meth(*(container, request, None)[:args])
> >AttributeError: __call__
>
> Looks like a buggy "acl_users".
>
>   Apparently, you have deleted one.

Yes. I guessed that somehow, the acl_users in the root object, had been
deleted (or was missing). Why this happened I do not know. I do not think I
did it myselfe ( I certanly do not have a memory of doing so).

  Deletion should have caused the uninstallation of its
>   "BeforeTraverse" hook. But, for some reasons (a bug),
>   this has not happend. That's the cause for the "ERROR".
>
> Usually, apart from the ERROR log entry, nothing bad happens.
>
> Alternatively, the "acl_users" could be "broken".
> This might bring serious problems -- not easy to analyse.
>

> Look into your logfile whether you find entries
> "could not import ...".

2006-10-02T01:26:36 WARNING ZODB Could not import class
'PluggableAuthService' f                                            rom
module ' Products.PluggableAuthService.PluggableAuthService'
------
2006-10-02T01:26:36 WARNING ZODB Could not import class 'PloneSite' from
module                                             'Products.CMFPlone.Portal
'
------
2006-10-02T01:26:36 WARNING ZODB Could not import class
'PlacelessTranslationSer                                            vice'
from module 'Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PlacelessTranslationServ
ice'

To me, this is strange because I installed Plone, and added an instance and
filled it with (some) content about one week before the crash

Also, from the Data.fs I can see that everytime I restart zope,
PlacelessTranslationService is installing.

I thought maybe I could fix this by adding a new acl_users (presuming I had
deleted the old one), but didnt quite find a way to do it.
So I just deleted all the entries concerning Plone in Data.fs, and now my
zope works (without Plone, think I will create another instance for that)

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Einar Næss Jensen
http://einarblog.homemade.no/einarblog
http://www.homemade.no
tlf: +47 90990249
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.