[Zope] Re: Upload file to server for encoding...

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Oct 5 11:08:57 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "torugor1404" <torugor1404 at yahoo.com>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 10:33 AM
Subject: Re: Upload file to server for encoding...

> Thank you Jonathan,
>
> I was begining to get to the same conclusion after some days of
> google search. My problem is indeed to get the information from the
> client system.
>
> Now I must decide if it is better to make the user upload it
> everytime (user gets annoyed), just upload one time and save on the
> server the data (unsecure), or upload onetime and hold the file in
> the html by the use of either session or hidden inputs (site opens
> slowly).
>
> Anyone has another option I haven't explored to this problem?

If you want to encrypt/decrypt something specific to a user why don't you
prompt the user to enter a key, and then use they supplied key to
encrypt/decrypt.  This will function somewhat like a password - if the user
doesn't supply the same key that was used to encrypt the data, the decrypt
will not work.

Jonathan