[Zope] LDAPUserFolder & Password Retrieving

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Oct 7 10:55:51 EDT 2006

--On 7. Oktober 2006 07:47:54 -0700 Javier Subervi
<javier_subervi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi;
> I'm working on installing LDAPUserFolder. The documentation states one
> can't retrieve passwords because they're encrypted. Bummer. Well, in that
> case, is there a product for sending an email with a link to establish a
> new password? I mean, what do we do if the user forgot their pw? TIA,
> Javier3

You write a form where the user can enter its login name. You generate a
new temporary password, change the password for the user id using the
standard userfolder API, you send out an email to the user. Done...a
straight-forward and trivial task.

-aj