[Zope] Zope 2 for Windows

michael nt milne michael.milne at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 05:06:03 EDT 2006

I think that "volunteer to care" was the crucial phrase with focus on the
word 'care'. Now perhaps I read it the wrong way and I apologise if I did
but Andreas has been very anti-Windows in the past. Perhaps the word
'ignorant' is slighty harsh. I still feel there is a lot of anti-Windows
feeling and whilst I don't prefer the platform I feel it should be well
supported. Perhaps Enfold could help with Zope Windows builds as they have
done with Plone Windows builds which are fantastic? I  have occasionally
attempted to install separate Zope instances on Windows and have achieved
that but obviously installers are the ultimate for exposure.

On 10/12/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> >

> > On 11 Oct 2006, at 17:14, michael nt milne wrote:
> >
> >> "
> >> The windows builds will be available as soon as someone volunteer to
> care
> >> about the Windows platform.
> >>
> >> "
> >>
> >> ignorant thinking. Most businesses use Windows and Zope will suffer
> >> unless it is embraced.
> >
> > Who do you think you are insulting people who actually invest a lot of
> > their spare time in the software and in the community? You being an
> > annoying troll is helping no one, and it certainly won't get Windows
> > builds done.
>
> Haha, just add him to your email blacklist, saves a lot of trouble ;-)
>
> For the record, the releases are not available because no-one is capable
> rather than motivated to produce them.
>
> Having built a couple, Windows releases are a royal PITA even if
> everything goes smoothly...
>
> Now Michael, unless you're prepared to build these releases yourself, I
> less than politely suggest you STFU...
>
> Chris
>
> PS: For the non-trolls on this list, I believe Sidnei da Silva is
> thinking about taking up this painful task... send him beer/love/money
> and he might be further persuaded...
>
> PPS: We all might also like to thank Tim Peters for doing such a good
> job of building Windows releases in the past that no-one noticed the
> delay between the source and binary release...
> --
>             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

michael