[Zope] zope fork in external method - mysql connection dropped

Daniel Lopez zope-list at sevanta.com
Tue Oct 17 16:28:48 EDT 2006

You're good, my friend.  I was hoping something like this existed, and so
far, it seems to be working exactly as desired.

One note for others: it's actually os._exit() not sys._exit()

Re: the other suggestions:

(1) I was already using runzope

(2) subprocess module: I'm using an older version of zope and python, and
can't currently risk upgrading core components.

For true cleanliness, in order to avoid the use of fork(), I could try to
pull out the grandchild's code into a self-standing script that could get
spawned by the grandparent, but that would require a great deal of work,
as the grandchild makes a few calls back into zope, along with using some
information in the request, which I'd need to pass to the standalone
script.  I'm happy the lazier approach worked.

Thanks to all...
-D