[Zope] Upgrading Zope

Allen Schmidt Sr. aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Wed Oct 18 09:56:01 EDT 2006

If you are using any zClass objects and have them cataloged, then you
need to run a script against them to do the reindexing, as I found out
that changed at 2.8.

Also if you are using DTML and using any sorting within dtml-in
segments, you will need to patch a file. Pages that use sorting on
dtml-in throw a weird error. The patch works fine but since it sounds
like no one who maintains core Zope uses DTML, that bug probably won't
get really fixed. There is an outstanding ticket open on it.

Those are the things I have found so far. We are on 2.7.5 and now that
those issues are worked out we are working on our upgrade strategy.

Allen