[Zope] Zeo Client hanging

Allen Schmidt Sr. aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Wed Oct 18 10:01:42 EDT 2006

I see references to asyncore.py near the end of the thread listing when
using DeadLockDebugger and seeing a stuck thread process. The tread
eventually clears out but sometimes an impatient user reloads, reloads,
reloads...and then all 4 threads are stuck on exact same thing. Then you
can see the same URL jump to the other Zope/ZEO client and same thing
happens there. Another few reloads and one user has effectively crashed
the site....until the threads clear themselves out. Usually is a catalog
search for a news article or something spanning our 6 years of online
news articles searching on the word 'bob' or something like that.

+1 for DeadlockDebugger... love it.

Allen