[Zope] Scalability

kevin7kal plone at kevinkal.com
Thu Oct 26 08:45:05 EDT 2006

This is probably falls under the catagory of FAQ but I couldn't find a
good answer through searching, so I'll ask.
Are there any size limitations on file system storages?  At what point
can things become very slow?
I'm wondering as much about the number of objects stored as well as file
size for a Data.fs.
And what about zeo storages.  Is there on the number of zeo storages
that can be connected to zope clients?
As far as number of objects, I'm thinking in terms of 10,000,000 or more
folderish and content objects.

While I'm talking about it, are there any performance limitations on the
zcatalog? Will it perform well even with this many objects?

Thank you in advance,
Kevin