[Zope] Can't stop Zope, machine hanging

Ken Ara feedreader at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 3 02:43:50 EDT 2006

Hi all,

My Zope is stuck like never before. With my server on
another continent, 8 hours time difference, and on a
Sunday, I am pulling out my few remaining hairs...

Our box runs FreeBSD 5, Zope 2.78 (if I remember
correctly) and Squid.

The ISP has been preparing for a move and shifted some
machines, pulled some wires, and I see that the
machine has rebooted.

I can't restart or stop Zope -
'/usr/local/www/Zope/zope01/bin/zopectl stop' just
produces '........' for a long time - should I wait? I
was unable to kill one of the python2.3 processes, and
can't even reboot the machine, using 'shutdown -r
now', as I have done previously in extremis.

Any ideas? Not strictly a Zope question, but I would
appreciate any help. Thanks.

Ken