[Zope] MailBoxer Problem Found...But Not Solved

beno zope at 2012.vi
Mon Sep 4 16:41:28 EDT 2006

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> beno wrote at 2006-9-4 10:24 -0400:
>
>> I believe I have traced the mailboxer problem I am having. I have caught
>> the following seemingly innocuous error in the ZMI error log:
>>
>> Time 	2006/09/04 14:16:02.371 Universal
>> User Name (User Id) 	beno (beno)
>> Request URL 	http://202.71.106.119:7080/error_log/manage_workspace
>> Exception Type 	Redirect
>> Exception Value 	http://202.71.106.119:7080/error_log/manage_main
>>

> Not sure whether I already told *you* (or someone else) that
> "Redirect" exceptions are *NORAML* behaviour and no error conditions
> *AT ALL*.
>
> Thus, reconfigure your "error_log" to ignore "Redirect" and
> forget about any error analysis for them....

I've done as you suggested. That being the case, however, I'm back to
square one. Now, all the how-to's I've read on MailBoxer indicate it's
easy to set up. Therefore, that suggests the problem I'm experiencing is
probably rooted in something different about my system. The most logical
difference to me is Pound. But it could be a combination of things, such
as Pound, Qmail, Squid and FreeBSD. At any rate, I need to track this
down. Frankly, I though (and still suspect) that the fact that the site
2012.vi:7080 doesn't resolve because of the Pound/Squid/Zope interface
but 202.71.106.119:7080 does combined with the fact that I have to send
my email to rejoice at mail.2012.vi (mail being the SMTP) was causing the
problem. But what I really need is to catch an error, and so far I
haven't been able to. I've looked in
Z2.log
events.log
/var/log/squid/cache.log
/var/log/messages
/var/log/qmail/qmail-send/current
qmail-smtp/current
qmail-pop3/current
with no luck. Where else should I be looking?
TIA,
beno