[Zope] Re: Zope hangs when database takes too long to respond

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Sep 6 17:40:30 EDT 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 5:30 PM, Jonathan wrote:

> Another possible solution is to have a look at twisted:
>
> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/faq.html

Unless he wants to rewrite his application, Twisted likely won't
help, right?

The OP may also want to see why his MySQL queries are taking "so
long" by using the MySQL query log and its optimizer.

One potential solution to the immediate "cant access the ZMI when I
have all threads tied up in long-running code" problem is Zope "zodb
connection policies", which is an idea that I proposed several years
ago but never got around to implementing fully.  Essentially, you'd
be able reserve a ZODB connection for "management" requests.

- C